BARALABA NORTH COAL MINE 6.5km LEVEE & ASSOCIATED SITE INFRASTRUCTURE
CLIENT: COCKATOO COAL
As part of a program to increase coal outputs from its Baralaba Coal Mine, Cockatoo Coal Limited engaged TMM Group to complete the design and civil works required to develop the Baralaba North Mine located approximately 10km North of the existing mine facilities.
These works had a contract value of approximately $32M and were completed in June 2014.
- A 6.5km flood protection levee
- A 2km section of haul road
- Extensive Box Culvert Crossing of the Dawson River Anabranch
- Mine water and sedimentation dams
- Miscellaneous drainage structures
- Bulk earthworks
- Installation of concrete culverts (box and pipe)
- Installation of levee conduits
- Installation of rock protection, rock mulch and rip-rap
- Construction management and supervision
- Mine water dam design and approvals
- Engineering opportunities assistance